CL-Out™ delivers active, rapid bioremediation of environmental contamination caused by chlorinated solvents.
Step-by-Step Instructions for CL-Out Inoculation
Instructions for freeze-dried powder:
- The CL-Out arrives in drum liner bottle bags packed in dry ice. Keep the product on dry ice or in a freezer until ready to use. If kept frozen, the product is stable for up to one year.
- On the day prior to inoculation, place each bottle bag in a separate 55-gallon drum. Open the bottle-bag bung and fill the bags with approximately 50 gallons of clean tap water. Note: Be sure to pull the slack from the bag above the drum rim for future use. Keep the full bags (inside the drums) at room temperature for the next 12 to 24 hours.
- After 12 to 24 hours,the hydrated CL-Outis ready to inoculate the soil or ground water. Cut open the top of the bottle bag with a utility knife and fold the drum liner over the top rim of the drum. Add 50 pounds of dextrose to each drum of CL-Out. Stir the solution to completely dissolve the dextrose.
- Once the dextrose has dissolved, place a submersible pump, with hose attached, into the drum of CL-Out and attach the hose to the direct push drive rods or wellhead. Pump the solutions into the ground at a rate and pressure appropriate for the formation.
- After the inoculation is complete, pour or pump fresh water through the hoses or well to clean out the residual CL-Out/dextrose solution.
Instructions for liquid:
- The CL-Out arrives in concentrated liquid form (or premixed in a 55-gallon drum).
- Keep the containers at room temperature until ready to use. The product is stable for up to six months at room temperature.
- Add 50 pounds of dextrose to each drum of CL-Out. Stir the solution to completely dissolve the dextrose.
- Once the dextrose has dissolved, follow steps 4 and 5 above.