Petrox™ delivers active, rapid bioremediation of environmental contamination caused by industrial and commercial hydrocarbons.
Instructions for freeze-dried powder:
- The Petrox arrives in drum liner bottle bags packed in dry ice. Keep the product on dry ice or in a freezer until ready to use. If kept frozen, the product is stable for up to one year.
- On the day prior to inoculation, place each bottle bag in a separate 55-gallon drum. Open the bottle-bag bung and fill the bags with approximately 50 gallons of clean tap water. Note: Be sure to pull the slack from the bag above the drum rim for future use. Keep the full bags (inside the drums) at room temperature for the next 12 to 24 hours.
- After 12 to 24 hours, the hydrated Petrox is ready to inoculate the soil or ground water. Cut open the top of the bottle bag with a utility knife and fold the drum liner over the top rim of the drum.
- Place a submersible pump, with hose attached, into the drum of Petrox and attach the hose to the direct push drive point or wellhead. Pump in the hydrated Petrox at the appropriate rate and pressure for the formation.
- After the inoculation is complete, pour or pump fresh water to push the residual Petrox solution out of thehoses or well screen.
Instructions for liquid:
- The Petrox arrives in concentrated liquid form (or premixed in a 55-gallon drum).
- Keep the containers at room temperature until ready to use. The product is stable for up to six months at room temperature.
- Follow steps 4 and 5 above.